Thursday 16 September 2010

captures Part 2

The story i am writing about is again with me and my brother the first time that we both went to juvigny. It was wednesday night me and andy was sat chatting over a brew And i said that we had been carp fishing for a lot of year's he agreed and started to say it would be nice if one of us caught the big one that was in there. It had not been hooked for a while so according to Chris the lake owner it was due a visit to the bank. Shortly afterwards i went back to my swim as it was getting dark recast the rods on the spots and sat chatting with the rest of the group on the 2 way radio till well after midnight before getting into the sleeping bag.
I was a wake early as i normally am watching the lake for signs of fish movement when the 2 way burst into life and andy was asking if i was up and could i go down to his swim as he had one in the net and he could not lift it out the water. I thought to myself here we go again. I ran down to his swim and asked him what he had got in the net. He said it is the big one i think? He asked me to take a look at it and what did i think it weighed. He passed me the arms of the net and as i spread them open and peered in my jaw just dropped wide open before i spoke the words "Fuck me" It was massive i thought the 55 was big but this thing just looked so much bigger its back was as wide as any carp i had seen before. I radio Martin my son could he come round and on his way grab Merv's scales as his went to 120lb.
I never told martin what was in the net and when he arrived i just said how big do you think this goes mate. He like me just peered into the net and the words of "Fuck me" rang out again.

We all thought that it would go 60lb It took 2 mats up and 3 of us to weigh it the scales again went round and the needle stopped Martin read out the weight me and andrew lowered the fish on to the mat and we just bust into giggles and laughter we was shouting shaking hands it was a great moment. We again lifted the beast to weigh it again but this time Andy was watching the scales to confirm that Martin had read them right. No mistake he had read them spot on it went
a massive 72lb.

How great was that that i had been there again to witness such a thing and again i could not have been more pleased for him. Just mind blowing stuff. I may never see a carp of that size again for the rest of my life, But i was so glad that i was there and what made it just as special was it was my brother that caught it.