Wednesday 10 April 2013

Will kick off soon

Here we are nearly the middle of April and the weather is still not at its best for the time of year. The trees don't have the leaves on yet and the carp are still in winter slumber only the odd fish making an appearance on the cambs pit.
   I have only done 3 weekend Friday to Sunday sessions since my traditional new year eve session due to the weather. I feel that I have no need to sit it out in all weathers now I have done that in the past over the years for very little reward and am happy to leave it to the other lads that want to do it.
     So this weekend will be my 3rd full weekend. Weather forecast is looking up and should be by Sunday up in the high double figures BBQ weather and the zigs will be out although I have been trying them in the day with only one take that I missed due to taking a pee just as I started the buzzer started to make a noise the bobbin went tight against the delk and the rod tip was bobbin too. It was ether pee myself or hope it was still on when I finished I went for the latter option which turned out to be the wrong choice by the time I got to the rod the fish had slipped the hook.
       With the weather picking up it will not be long before the fishing kicks off and hopefully I will be there when it does. In the two week that I have been the only angler to catch is Spod with a stunning 30-01 common and Clippo who has had fish in his last two sessions although he has been having a few over the winter from a swim he has been baiting both was mirrors of 33lb and35lb.
    Happy clippo with just one of his mirrors at 35-12

     Spod with one of the cracking looking commons                                       this one was 30-01
                                                                                                 With the help of the carp gods i might get my first 40lb carp this year i was close again with this 39-10  

               Now I am back regular fishing the blog will be updated a bit more often hopefully with photos and videos of fish that's being caught along with tales of went on

 Till next time
Russ