Tuesday 10 July 2012

Its not over till the fat lady sings

In my last blog piece i said that i had said my farewell to the syndicate well i had but because work was not very busy and i had some holidays left i was stuck with where to go my new water ticket didn't start till june so that was a no go. I new my mate yoda was going down for one last session so i thought i would join him and have a bit of a social as it would most likely be the last time we would ever fish together as we are both going to different waters this year.
  I met him in the carpark so we could have a look round see where we wanted to fish it was the hottest day of the year so far which did not please yoda not one bit not ideal fishing conditions and after a few laps of the lake yoda made up his mind to jump back in the car and make the 2 hour drive back home me on the other hand made the decision to stick it out and fish the main lake in a swim called the pond.  Its a cracking swim where you get maybe a acre of water to fish and is literal like a pond hence the name.
     Fish where everywhere all laid on top basking in the sunshine.   As the afternoon went on i leaded about and found three clear spots which was baited and hookbaits placed on ready for the hopefully the night time feed. I was again not that confidant after all i had done over 6 months now on the main lake on and off without a fish Night came and i settled in the summer bag for the night. All hell broke lose at around 2.30am when the left hand delkim was screaming a one toner. I was up and at them rods within seconds i pulled into what felt a good fish the rod banged over it was game on. It made two very strong runs as it tyred to get away when the line went limp on the 3rd run. I was gutted this lake has for every 3rd fish is a 30 plus so maybe thats what had just done me who knows.
  I could not believe it was i now after a year on the complex starting to find my way had i put the jigsaw pieces together that was three fish now in as many sessions and from two different lakes. All though i had lost that one i was buzzing and with another two days to go god knows what was going to happen.
   The two days went so quick and it was time to pack away and leave this was it the very last time i was going to fish these lakes the ticket runs out in 2 days and i was back at work so that was that. Banger the bailiff came round and said his farewells and wish me luck on my new water.  Everything was loaded up on the barrow apart from the rods they where still in in a last ditched attempt to catch when again the lefthand rod ripped off. Unbelievable i could not belive my luck i was in was this a big mirror that i hoped i would catch. Within a few minutes it was mine another common that banged the scales round to 25-06lb  What great way to end what had been such a crazy year with so many highs and lows threw out the year.

Well you no what they say it's never over till the fat lady sings
 Till next time have a good un
 Russ