Tuesday 27 April 2010

Not Happening

Rushed home from work to get my gear sort myself out and got the phone call i did not want to have the lakes where full. That buggerd the plans up big style. Saturday morning found myself walking around Mk with 8 fishing it and the warm sun out i thought i would do the next best thing and bait up with a kilo and fish early Sunday morning.
The alarm went off at 4.30am and at 4.00am i was at the bankside walking round to where i had put my bait in. At 4.20 all 3 rods was out and i sat waiting for something to happen.
A lad to my left was messing about setting a camera up for self takes Funny i thought not seen him catch anything. He then went into the water and pulled a sack out witch held a 32lb mirror it was cut tail which i had last year at 30.04. After a few photos he put the fish back and it swam off he then pulled another sack out which had a 24lb mirror in it ( make your own mind up how long he had been there ) He photographed that and put it back he left soon after that at around 7.30am.
I was thinking of packing up the sun was up all though it had rained earlier which was crap really because i never took my brolly and spent most of the morning trying to keep dry under the tree's. Any way the right hand rod pulled tight and i was in nicest looking tench i have had in a few years lol.
That was it nothing to get myself worked up about When i left at about 11.00 i shot down to the far end of the lake and set up 2 rods in a couple of spot's just off the tree line only for an hour
because the coots kept picking my bait up on one rod which told me that there was no carp in the area.
And that was that. Most angler's you talk to are all saying the same thing that the water is still to cold its not had that much sun on it. With just northerly winds blowing down and any sun that has warmed the water has just gone cold at night with some morning's having a ground frost.